Substance Abuse Treatment
Since 2002, the Santa Maria-based treatment program has served adolescents and young adults who are struggling with substance abuse. We provide individual counseling, group therapy, testing, and case management for youth ages 12 to 24 years old. All services are free and offered in English and/or Spanish.
The Substance Abuse Treatment Program provides holistic treatment that addresses the social and emotional needs of the client. Treatment can be modified to meet individual needs. Clients involved in our program learn healthy coping skills to stop using alcohol and other drugs, and gain improved self-confidence.
We operate in close collaboration with schools, probation, and the Dept. of Behavioral Wellness. Our treatment team includes a clinical director, licensed doctor, licensed Marriage & Family Therapist, and certified counselors.
Treatment includes the following services:
- Intake, Assessment and Treatment Planning to determine that a client meets the Medical Necessity Criteria and admit them to treatment.
- Group Counseling with a minimum of two (2) clients and a maximum of twelve (12) clients.
- Education to provide research-based education on addiction, treatment, recovery, and associated health risks.
- Family Therapy and/or Family Counseling/Education to provide education about factors that are important to the client’s recovery, as well as to their own recovery, so that family members and caregivers can provide social supports to the client, help motivate their loved one to remain in treatment, and receive help and support for their own family recovery as well.
- Medication Services, including either the prescription and administration of medication related to substance use treatment services or the assessment of the side effects or results of that medication.
- Collateral Services with significant persons in the life of the client, focused on the treatment needs of the client.
- Crisis Intervention Services, which focus on alleviating crisis-level problems.
- Treatment Planning, which will be updated every 90 days unless or if there is a recommended change in treatment.
- Discharge Services to prepare the client for referral into another level of care, post-treatment return or reentry into the community, and/or linkage to essential community treatment, housing, and human services.
For more information on this program, please contact: